Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: Nursery Rhymes

Today, I finished up reading  nursery rhymes! The rhymes are originally from The Nursery Rhyme Book edited by Andrew Lang.

I really enjoyed todays reading sections on Love and Matrimony, mostly because more of them were familiar. It's always fun to see an old favorite in its full version. I think a fun storybook idea could be to take a short version and expand it out like that!

I also noticed a lot more name references like in the first section. This time, though, they referenced people's names instead of place names, especially in the jingles and relics readings!

I also took special note of "Hey Diddle Diddle!" I noticed similarities in one of the rhymes in the earlier readings, so I'm going to spend some time on wikipedia and see if maybe they are from the same area or reference the same historical story!

Image Information

No comments:

Post a Comment