Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary: Alice in Wonderland

For this week's extra credit reading, I read from my mom's favorite story, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

Before now, I had not read the original book. I had only seen the Disney movie! Here are a few things that either caught my eye as interesting or different:

Alice is falling for so long after going in the rabbit hole that she has time to talk to herself. Unlike the movie, at the bottom of the hole, there are several keys. Still, none of them fit the tiny door! Once she escapes and meets the caterpillar, Alice talks to him for an extended period of time about her dilemma. It seems that Disney took a great amount of liberty with its caterpillar scenes! In the most strange part of all, Alice is transformed to only be a torso and has to move along like a caterpillar would. However, I was very happy to see that the familiar questions and purposely confusing rhetoric seen in the movie at the tea party remained, especially in Alice's conversation with the Footman!

The famous white rabbit -- my mom's favorite character!
Image Information

No comments:

Post a Comment