Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 12 Famous Last Words

I cannot believe that we have almost reached the end of the semester!

This past week, I read nursery rhymes. As always, I was most fascinated with how the stories came to be, what they were based on, and how they continue to live on. It was really neat to see several of my favorite rhymes from childhood in a different context! However, this week I most enjoyed finally finishing up my first story and edits on my story book! After getting the chance to travel to Australia over spring break, I am even more excited to create new stories out of some of the many fascinating Aboriginal myths! While there, I even got to see some Aboriginal cave paintings. I am so happy to be able to use some personal photos of the art work to illustrate my storybook!

In my other classes, things continue to wrap up. In most of them, my focus has shifted from regular assignments and exams to the larger final projects and papers. So much writing and research can certainly be daunting, but I am confident that I have the skills to produce great papers that I can be proud of as I reflect on my undergraduate career.

Last week, I picked up my cap, gown, and honors stole and carved my name in the leadership table in the union for the last time. It is all getting very real! I cannot believe that four years have flown by so quickly. Now, as well as working hard, I need to take the time to cherish the experiences I have left as a sooner!

    Personal photo of my graduation attire


No comments:

Post a Comment