Sunday, April 17, 2016

Week 12 Learning Challenges: Post Secret

Post Secret is usually the first website that I go to after the clock strikes midnight on Sunday evenings. However, over the last few weeks, I have let this habit slip through the cracks as I worked on homework and papers. I was so happy to see Post Secret listed an a challenge in empathy.

Everyone has a unique story that may not be evident just by looking at them or even speaking with them briefly. In order to truly create community, it is necessary to foster understanding. However, understanding goes beyond feeling sad, sorry, angry, or happy for someone. Instead, we have to learn to feel each person's experience as an extension of our own. We have to truly value others! Post Secret does a wonderful job of creating this kind of open and accepting community.

Below, I've shared one of the secrets that caught my eye from this week's post.

Image Information

No comments:

Post a Comment