Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 15 Reflections

It seems unreal to me that this semester is coming to a close!

Every year, it seems like the weeks go by more quickly. Now,graduation is just a little over a week away!

It's hard to summarize the impact that this course (and Indian Epics last semester!) has had on my college experience. I initially enrolled in the class last semester because I wanted to take something that I would enjoy learning about; however, I never expected that it would remind me what is was like to really, truly enjoy the process of learning. Throughout the past two semesters, I overcame fears of rejection and criticism, expanded my perspective and understanding, and have a much happier outlook on what education can be in its best form.

This semester, my favorite part of the curriculum was definitely the reading sections. I loved getting to read about all different parts of the world through folk tales and mythology. It is so interesting to learn about a culture through traditional stories! I also really enjoyed getting to do the research behind my storybook project, especially since I got to travel to some of the locations that the source stories came from!

As always, the best part of the course was getting to interact with my fellow students, and, of course, Laura! Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment