Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 14 Famous Last Words

Wow, I cannot believe that dead week is already here. Tomorrow is the beginning of our last week of class! It's bittersweet to be bringing a close to all the things that have played such a big part of my life, not only this semester, but also for the past four years!

This week in class, I read Italian Popular Tales! After studying abroad in Italy my freshman year (and being a life-long lover of all things Roman history), my ears always perk up at the opportunity to learn anything new about this ancient and complex culture. I particularly enjoyed these stories because they combined elements of familiarity with plots that were new and exciting! I think my favorite moment from the reading though was in the story where the ground opens up and leads to a mystery person that ends up being Pontius Pilate! I loved the element of suspense throughout the short story. Also, I thought that, like Dante's Inferno, the piece conveyed a lot about Italian changing culture over time.

While I did not do a storytelling this week, I did post my final story for my storybook. I found it a little more challenging than usual to write this story because the original stories were hard to mold to fit my writing goal. So, I challenged myself to think creatively to combine small elements of each of the source stories to fit in with my larger storybook story! I am proud of the result, and truly like the characters much better now without their not-so-nice attitudes!

Most of my other classes are also wrapping up for the semester. I finished one class last night, actually! Now, my main focus will be on completing my honors research paper and my capstone paper. My laptop and I are about to spend a lot of quality time together!

12 days until graduation!

Okay, I'm getting sentimental! I'll miss this place!
Image Information

No comments:

Post a Comment