Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 15 Reading Evaluation

This semester's readings were really enjoyable and interesting!  These readings were a saving grace among other readings for my courses, but I learned even more from these while also having a great time!

My favorite readings this semester were the units on Dante's Inferno, the Russian Folktales, and the Classical Units. I think that the common thread is the historical theme. However, while Dante's Inferno and the readings in the Classical unit had themes that I was familiar with through my major, the Russian Folk Tales were brand new for me! I really enjoyed them for the informal style in which they were written. It really connected me to the culture!

For reading diaries, I most enjoy giving a small summary of the stories. Then, I like to include my thoughts as I read. It helps me to remember my ideas for storytelling posts later on!

I think there is a great balance between the different kinds of assignments. However, I would also have enjoyed even more opportunities to read! That's why I enjoyed taking advantage of the extra credit reading option this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment